Are you interested in hiring a foreign worker? The time to hire is NOW! Considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there are highly skilled and trained foreign workers worldwide searching for employers. It is the perfect time to attract skilled foreign workers who can help your Canadian business flourish and grow.
Apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire a foreign worker through the six (6) main streams, which are as follows:
- Express Entry – apply for LMIA to support foreign worker’s permanent residency application. This is only applicable for high-wage positions of the National Occupational Classification (NOC), under Skill Type 0 and Level A and B. Application documents for LMIA to support PR application can be found here.
- Low-Wage – if you are offering a wage to a foreign worker at or below the provincial or territorial median hourly wage, you must apply under the stream for low-wage positions. The application form for low-wage positions can be found here. Median hourly wages by province or territory can be found here.
- High-wage – if you are offering a wage to a foreign worker at or above the provincial or territorial median hourly wage, you must apply under the stream for high-wage positions. The application form for high-wage posts can be found here. Median hourly wages by province or territory can be found here.
- Agricultural Workers – hire a foreign worker for positions and activities related to on-farm primary agriculture activities. The application form to employ seasonal agricultural workers can be downloaded here.
- Global Talent Stream – under this stream, i) innovative firms are referred by a designated referral partner that needs unique and skilled foreign nationals to grow. The list for selected referral partners can be found here. ii) Canadian firms that need to fill highly-skilled positions listed on the Global Talent Occupations List. The application form to apply for LMIA under Global Talent Stream can be found here.
- Caregivers – hire a foreign caregiver to provide care, in a private residence, to children, seniors, or persons with medical needs. The application form to apply for a Live-In Caregiver LMIA can be found here.
If you are an Employer experiencing a labour shortage and want to hire a foreign worker, we can assist you with your LMIA application. Get started by booking a consultation with Millars Law today and start your immigration process now!
By: Arnisa Morina